Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Michael V stars in first reality sitcom



As we all know Michael V has a bottomless reservoir of creative ideas. His been trough a lot of projects recently commercial adds and TV shows. His newest newest brainchild is the first-ever reality sitcom, “Pepito Manaloto” which will premiere on March 20 after “Pinoy Records” on GMA 7’s “Sabado Star Power.”

Its almost a true-to-life story of Pepito (Michael V), a poor man who dreams of providing a good life for his wife Elsa (Manilyn Reynes) and only son Jonjon (Joshua Pineda). His life changes dramatically when he becomes the lone winner of P700 million in the national lottery.

Pinoys would certainly desire Pepito’s rags-to-riches story. Michael V himself had humble beginnings.

What does he miss about his life before he became rich and famous? “I miss the anonymity,” he says. “But I can find that by going somewhere else. Rich and famous is a tall order. I’d like to think of myself as comfortable.”

How does he keep himself from being trapped in the trappings of success? “We in the family keep each other grounded,” he quips. “We are our own worst critics. I keep in mind what my good friend Ogie Alcasid told me that hindi mo ’yan madadala sa langit. Our kids are the only treasure we can take up there.”

What have fame and fortune taught him? “That I can use money to make not just my life better but other’s lives as well.” Michael V has truly found the joys that money can and cannot buy!


0 comments: